Gym To Crag, 2-part course
Safety is the key to having a good day of climbing. If you are new to outdoor climbing or you’ve been climbing with friends or meet-ups and want to learn how to set up and clean the systems yourself, this training is for you! This course teaches you to properly and safely build solid anchors as well as clean and rappel from a route. You will learn new systems and techniques for safer and more efficient climbing.
Skills taught but not limited to:
- Risk management
- Proper universal climbing communication
- Gear selection
- Anchors (including cleaning safely and efficiently)
- Rappelling and lowering
- Back-up rappel systems
- Lead belaying and belayer positioning
- Rope handling
Some prior climbing experience is best but not required.
Rock shoes, harness, helmet, and belay device. This gear will be provided with prior arrangement, but bring your own gear if you have it!
Red Rock Canyon Open Space
North Cheyenne Canyon
CityROCK Partnership Course Pricing
- Day 1: 3 hour Friday evening session at CityROCK taught by Pikes Peak Alpine School
- Day 2: 8 hour Saturday field session in Colorado Springs taught by Pikes Peak Alpine School
- 8:2 max. student to guide ratio
- 3:1 min. ratio to run course
Register at CityROCK here.
To book this as a private course, please book with Pikes Peak Alpine School here private instruction.
Pikes Peak Alpine School operates under special use permits from the USDA Forest Service, Pike National Forest and is an equal opportunity service provider & employer