Private Ice Instruction
Ready to take the next step (and swing) with your ice climbing? For ice climbers with previous experience, we will tailor these days to teach and refine new techniques, including climbing steep ice efficiently, leading, building anchors and other technical systems, and so much more.
Skills covered include:
- Efficient movement (this is everything)
- Belaying fundamentals
- Rope management
- Gear selection and use
- Introduce ice screws and placement on vertical ice
- Top roping considerations
- Climbing leash-less vs. leashes
- Leading ice
- Maximum ratio of one guide for every two climbers to ensure a safe and challenging experience
- Climbing agenda tailored to the objectives and abilities of all participants
- Climbs offered in Colorado Springs, on Pikes Peak, and surrounding areas
Prior ice climbing experience.
Must provide own climbing gear. Rental gear available.
All of our ice guides have taken the AMGA Ice Instructor Course at a minimum.
Transportation and toll fees, accommodations, food, and guide gratuity.
Must provide own climbing gear. Rental gear is available.
Lincoln Falls on Hoosier Pass, near Breckenridge. October-May (Travel fee applies if guide meets climbers at venue; no fee if guide rides with climbers).
North Cheyenne Canyon (Hully Gully) in Colorado Springs. December-March
Pikes Peak Alpine School operates under special use permits from the USDA Forest Service, Pike National Forest and is an equal opportunity service provider & employer